Successful Business WritingCommunicating the Written Word, Professionally and with Impact!
People often get anxious when they have to submit documents, reports or presentations. Many professionals also need to develop their editing and proofreading skills. The ability to write effectively is physical evidence of your level of professionalism and ability to get your message across clearly and persuasively.
Successful Business Writing is designed with the busy professional in mind. Whatever your business writing needs are, this course will equip you with the confidence to create professional communication using the written word. It will assist you to plan, organise and structure a range of business communication formats whilst giving you the opportunity to expand your own personal writing style.
This program is designed for anyone in a workplace role who is required to communicate and correspond in the written format to customers, clients, colleagues and managers. It covers the fundamental methodology of a variety of writing styles and formats that are relevant to the modern day workplace.
Group Size: An ideal group size is 6 – 15 participants.
Duration: One day program.
Cost: Upon request.
You Will Discover:
- The 3 stages of the writing process
- How to take a structured approach to business writing
- The techniques to determine the purpose and outcomes of a document
- The principles to develop a logical structure for a document
- How to write using plain English, the active voice and an appropriate tone.
- Create an effective document layout
- The ways to edit a document for accuracy, brevity and clarity
- The strategies to write specifically for email and the Internet.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Recognise the key strategies of successful business writing
- Develop a clear understanding of the approach and process
- Determine the best means of communication by clarifying the true objective
- Understand the different phases of writing
- Undertake a structured approach to planning
- Identify the audience – who are you writing to? What is the purpose?
- Use effective formatting techniques to increase understanding
- Follow email etiquette with colleagues and clients
- Use subject lines that assist in gaining people’s attention and priority
- Using positive language to communicate sensitive or difficult information
- Request action without being perceived as overly aggressive or demanding
- Edit documents for clarity and brevity
- Using plain english techniques in business writing