I have just come back from an extended break, which is why I haven’t posted anything on my Blog for a month, so I thought I would make my first post this year more thoughtful. I know many of you may have seen this before, as it is one of those emails that flys around to everyone, but if you haven’t it’s great advice. I must admit I have tweaked it a bit to add my own thoughts and flavour to it but I encourage you to read all of the 40 points and take on board what resonants with you.
So here it is 40 tips for a Powerful New Year.
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile it is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes a day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. Buy a Tivo or if you have Foxtel IQ, tape your late night and favorite shows more often and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement:
“The one thing I need to achieve today to bring me closer to my purpose is………….”
5. Live with the 3 E’s: Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
6. Watch more movies that move you, play more games and read more books.
7. Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
8. Dream more while you’re awake.
9. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants eat fewer foods that are manufactured in plants.
10. Drink green tea and plenty of water and eat berries, wild Alaskon salmon, broccoli, almonds and walnuts.
11. Try to make at least 3 people smile each day.
12. Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
13. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
14. Realise that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
15. Eat breakfast like a King, lunch like a prince and dinner like pauper.
16. Smile and laugh more particularly at yourself.
17. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
18. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
19. Don’t take yourself seriously. No else does!
20. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree without judgement. Sometimes it is not about right and wrong but just different ways of thinking & doing. Remember there are many ways to be right!
21. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
22. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
23. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, and wear fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years, will this matter?”
26. Forgive everyone everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick, your friends will. Stay in touch. And while your at it find a new friend as they bring fresh perspective into your life.
31. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time, you already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
35. Do the right thing, always!
36. Make time for your family they are what it is all about.
37. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements:
” I am thankful for………..”
“Today I accomplished…………”
38. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disneyland and you certainly don’t want a fast pass.
40. Above all this year be true to yourself. Don’t get caught up living around other people’s expectations of you.
There you have it 40 points to help you have a powerfrul 2010.
What would make 2010 your best year yet? I know what I desire this year in some respects seems impossible at this point in my life, but I have made a decision not to let past disappointment or negative thinking get in the way.
Anything is possible when you determine to believe and put it out there.
Have a great year full of the success you deserve.