Leading Difficult People and SituationsTools for Managing Difficult People and Tough Situations!
Whatever your role and responsibility it’s likely that you will face difficult situations and difficult people as you lead a team or a project. This session will help you navigate and understand the mechanisms and psychology at play, when you’re dealing with difficult situations and often as a result the difficult people involved. Whether it is finding solutions in tough circumstances, keeping clients satisfied, dealing with difficult team members or project stakeholders, this course is designed to help leaders/managers find the right solution to get moving forward.
This course will help you learn and practise the successful behaviours that will be the necessary to navigate through the tough times – and often help you to avoid them in the first place. Handled poorly or left unaddressed, difficult situations can create compounding problems that will only effect ongoing working relationships and client satisfaction. Understanding and being able to diagnose the right strategy for the diverse personalities involved and making the right decisions that lead towards solutions is what this course is all about.
Dealing with Difficult Situations and People is suited for anyone who needs to lead/manage challenging situations, people or clients. Supervisors, Team Leaders, Senior Managers or CEOs.
Group Size: An ideal group size is 6 – 10 participants.
Duration: 1 or 2 day program depending on desired objectives.
Cost: Upon request.
You Will Discover
- How to choose the right strategy for the situation
- Manage your resilience and coping mechanisms as a leader reducing stress levels
- Identify the real underlying issues and navigate through the situation
- The best influence strategies to create positive engagement and rapport
- Advanced communication strategies and the practical application in a conversation
- How to profile the difficult person and create the most successful approach
- Decision making and problem solving techniques to get out moving forward
- The clever preparation and planning techniques to manage multiple interests and agendas
- How to maintain the right mindset and positive focus to get the job done
- The right methods to set successful frameworks and boundaries
- How to motivate difficult people to positive action
- Identify the underlying driving force of a difficult situation
- Develop the right leadership strategy to get to the desired outcome
- Understand what works and doesn’t work when dealing with difficult situations and people
- Know your reaction mechanisms and work towards developing successful self management behaviours
- Adopt influence startegies to help steer towards desired outcomes and help build better rapport
- Use advanced communication techniques to create better rapport and defusing techniques
- Apply assertive techniques to respond to difficult people
- Apply techniques to effectively process criticism
- Define conflict and identify your style in conflict situations
- Apply a process for resolving workplace conflicts
- How to diagnose and develop the relevant strategies for difficult individuals or stakeholders