Gaining the Negotiation EdgeMaster the Strategies to Accelerate You To Yes!
(1 or 2 Day Course )
Gaining the Negotiation Edge is dedicated to empowering individuals with the skills to successfully negotiate in a competitive business environment. A Lack of clear strategy in negotiations can affect your bottom line profits and be costing your company potential clients every day.
This course is designed to help identify the key components of how to conduct a successful negotiation. It covers everything from the planning and preparation process, strategies, understanding how to communicate, persuasion and closing techniques and everything you will need to know to maximise a win/win outcome. Whether its skills needed for sales, commercial contracts, dealing with internal/external clients or even just gaining the best deal, then gain the competitive advantage with ‘Gaining the Negotiation Edge.’
“In business, you don’t get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate.”Chester L. Karrass
“David has a fantastic ability to draw the theory into a practical tangible and useful format. I now feel I have a few more tools to better work with people and surprisingly feel they will also benefit my life as a whole. Thank You!”
Anyone who is involved with customers or suppliers, sales people, managers and executives or anyone who is required to negotiate win-win outcomes and agreements. This course is applicable for those who are involved in formal or informal negotiations and is designed to meet all levels of negotiation experience.
Group Size: An ideal group size is 6 – 15 participants.
Duration: One or two day program depending on desired objectives.
Cost: Upon request.
You Will Discover
- How to analyse the negotiation for a successful outcome
- The practical techniques to gain support for your objectives
- Negotiation tactics that are used by the best in the world
- Profiling techniques to analyse and help predict the other party’s motive and response
- How to create an interest map and develop the right negotiation strategy
- How to have high level dialogue skills to influence outcomes
- Your personal negotiation style and how to identify the negotiation style of the other parties
- How to achieve mutually acceptable outcomes using persuasion and closing techniques
- What to do when the negotiation becomes a conflict
- The ability to structure and communicate your message persuasively
- How to identify and use power bases to position your objectives
- The process of negotiation and the stages you will go through to reach a compromise
Key Learning Outcomes:
At the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Develop clear solutions and map out the interests of all parties to help gain desired outcomes.
- Identify the strategic power bases in a negotiation and form effective strategy.
- Communicate and position your message in the most influential way.
- Map out the interests of one on one or multiple party negotiations.
- Deal with stubborn or dominating negotiators and influence the outcome.
- Engage in effective planning and preparation and save valuable time.
- Build strategic alliances to gain more negotiation leverage
- Understanding the 5 Negotiation Styles